Becoming a top content creator in Indonesia is not easy. It requires a lot of courage, hard work, and sacrifices to achieve success. And as the world of entertainment moves toward the Internet and social media, many other professions can transition their careers to it and earn. It may be a bumpy ride at first, but all the work will be worth it once you see your content going viral all over the world.
In this episode, Rizky Ardi Nugroho, also known as Mizter Popo, will share how he became a top content creator in Indonesia. He will discuss how you too can fuse your content creation skills with entrepreneurship. He also gives advice for future podcasters and content creators.
If you want a successful career in podcasting and content creation, then this episode is for you.
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover what it takes to become a top content creator.
- Learn how entrepreneurial skills can help your podcasting career.
- Mizter Popo will share how aspiring content creators can grow their presence online.
- Cerita Usaha Podcast
- Do You See What I See Podcast
- Check out the items that have been crucial for my self-development here!
Mizter Popo’s Career in Podcasting
- Rizky Ardi Nugroho is an entrepreneur and content creator in Indonesia.
- His nickname, Mizter Popo, was inspired by one of the characters in the popular manga series, Dragon Ball.
- He treats his online career as a hobby. To manage his three podcasts, he has three different teams producing alongside him.
How Podcasting Ties into Entrepreneurship
- Apart from his popular horror podcast Do You See What I See, he has another podcast, Cerita Usaha, about entrepreneurship. He co-hosts it with a university lecturer.
- It gives guidelines or tutorials for anybody who wants to start a business.
- Mizter Popo thinks that podcasting is a product. He creates brands, workshops, books, and merchandise and works with other organizations through podcasting.
- After the pandemic, he aims to produce movies from his popular podcast, Do You See What I See.
Mizter Popo’s Main Focus
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, he is working from home in Indonesia.
- As one of the most popular artists in Indonesia, he has an exclusive contract with Spotify.
- He continues to produce content online, creating five episodes per week.
- Creating content is like building a product.
- You have to name the podcast, build a brand, promote it on social media, and introduce its theme to the world.
- The theme is important because the product revolves around it.
Takeaways for Future Podcasters
- First, grow your presence online. You can do that by consistently putting out engaging content.
- Create something different from other podcasters.
- Promote your podcast.
- Innovate and constantly raise the quality of your content.
- Listen to the full episode to get more tips from Mizter Popo.
How Mizter Popo Innovates
- With time, Mizter Popo grew his skill set and made his podcast more immersive. He is now inclined to do audio work, become a better storyteller, write the script, and understand what the listeners like.
- He is still learning and continues to develop his skills day by day.
Choosing the Horror Genre
- He started doing videos online to narrate his experiences at his grandfather’s haunted house, where Mizter Popo lived when he was a college student. It started garnering audiences and attention from moviemakers.
- Most people in Indonesia know him as a horror storyteller.
- He chose the podcasting medium since it requires less gear. Moreover, there were no podcasters in Indonesia when he started.
- After establishing himself as a podcaster, he started his YouTube channel.
On Overcoming Challenges
- Mizter Popo emphasizes the importance of hard work and consistency. You won’t have revenue at first, but keep creating until someone notices your effort.
- He aspires to become an expert in the field of podcasting.
- Learn from many people.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
[10:45] “The first step is I create the concept of the podcast. It’s like building a product, you know, as I start to think what’s the name of the podcast, it has become one of the brand, and how I create the content, and then how I promote the content with the social media, how to promote the podcast, as I do with my rice product. So I think it’s different things, but I traded with the same product for me. So I learned a lot.”
[13:08] “The very important thing is consistency, right? So before everything happened, I mean, before you got the money, before you got a revenue, or maybe the platform looking for you or something, you have to grow yourself.”
[14:45] “You have to create something that is different from the other podcasts maybe. It’s unique, and then just keep doing (it).”
[16:00] “It’s about quality and never making your listeners bored with your content.”
[18:18] “I am still learning about anything that will increase my skills and also might make my listeners happy.”
About Mizter Popo
Rizky Ardi Nugroho, famously known as Mizter Popo, is an entrepreneur, YouTuber, and podcast host. He is known for his popular horror podcast, Do You See What I See.
If you want to connect with Mizter Popo and learn more about his businesses and content, visit his Instagram page.
Enjoy the Podcast?
Navigating the Rise highlights the unique identities of different Asian communities. If this podcast has helped you gain new perspectives on various cultural norms, don’t forget to subscribe and share it with people who can benefit from the discussion.
Love to give us 5 stars? If you enjoyed this podcast, we’d love to hear from you! Help us reach more audiences and provide answers to all your questions about Asian and Western cultures.
Do you want to help others become a top content creator online? You can do it by simply sharing the things you’ve learned from this episode on social media!
Navigating the Rise is on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher or on your favorite podcast platform.
As always, you can contact me here!